Happy Thanksgiving!!! What are YOU thankful for??

Liz R.
on 11/23/10 7:43 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning All!! I have a crazy weekend ahead and just wanted to stop in and with everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy the time with family and friends and remember the holiday is about being with people you love NOT the food! Although turkey is a wonderfully lean protein :)

This year I am thankful for so very many things but just to list a few

*a surgeon and a surgical procedure that have changed my life in more ways the I could ever count
* my beautiful baby girl who is happy and healthy
* my loving husband
*the amazing friends that this journey has brought to me, I can't imagine my life with out you guys!
*a roof over my head, food on my table and a paycheck to support the lifestyle I life
*the fact that my parents and my grandparents are still a HUGE part of my life
* my entire family and their love and support

This is just the tip of the iceberg but it is the big ones!

Happy Thanksgiving! Safe travels and be mindful of what you put in your mouth!

Liz
swedeville1
on 11/23/10 7:54 pm - Mount Pleasant, PA

Here's my list.

1.  My beautiful children and wonderful wife.

2.  The fact that I have a job and I enjoy the work I do.

3. That I am recovered from my complications and feel not only normal but rather fantastic now!!!

4.  Im thankful for all of the support I have recieved from all of you!  It's a wonderful feeling to know that there  are people in this world and on this board that have my back and that they will be there if I need them. 

Swede

HW=400  SW=383  CW=252  GW=240
Pounds to go=12!!!  Pounds Lost =148

dit657
on 11/23/10 9:06 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Happy Thanksgiving Liz - Great post!! Good to take a few minutes and reflect and really think about what we're thankful for.

- 3 years of the healthiest I have ever been - beginning before my WLS by meeting with the nutrition and working out and preparing my body, mind and spirit for this amazing journey
- A wonderful husband who can sometimes drive me nuts, but in the end is my best friend, my biggest supporter, and the love of my life
- My husband's health - at 72 he is in better health than most men 52, and for that I am eternally grateful
- All of our children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren - they're a pretty great group of kids!
- Our tiny furball, Jude, who makes us smile and laugh - loves us unconditionally, even when we don't feel like playing ball anymore.

And I think one of the biggest things I am thankful for is having WLS when I did because it enabled me to be there to take care of my mother during the last few years of her life when she was battling the cancer demons - without the surgery I never would have been able to do the things I did for her because I could barely take care of myself. So God had a plan and I'm thankful I was able to see it and to be there for my mom - I miss her very much but I rest easy knowing I was there for her when she needed me.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!! 

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
jastypes
on 11/23/10 9:36 pm - Croydon, PA
I have so much to be thankful for, and every day I spend some time thanking God for everything he has given me.

I am grateful for:
My sobriety.
My new body and what it allows me to do that I could not do before.
My health.
The love I have in my life now.
Bill, Sheila, Adam, Greg and Amy.
AA and the 12 steps.
My homes, clothes and food.
My job that I really enjoy, and the money it provides.
And most of all, my relationship with my Higher Power.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

bvohl
on 11/23/10 9:56 pm
Good Morning Liz,

Happy Thanksgiving to you, Chris and Mia!!! Enjoy time with your family and friends!!

Here is a list of things that I am thankful for:

Having lost 130+lbs and having Dr. P. as my surgeon!
Having a wonderful husband and lovely daughter.
Meeting and becoming friends with all of the people that I have met during this journey
Having a good job that I LOVE!
Having a roof over my head
Being in better health than I have been in years!
Being a part of the PA Board and getting and giving of support
and many, many more!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Enjoy and be grateful for what you have...

Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Laureen S.
on 11/23/10 10:01 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Good Morning Liz,

I am thankful for the health and well being of my family, as well as the life I live and all the people who I've come to know as a result of getting sober and then in more recent years, getting healthier via WLS.

So much I could say, but I'm at work and need to be brief. . .

Hugs and Happy TG to ALL!!!

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

pennykid
on 11/24/10 6:14 am - PA
This is a great topic, Liz!  Makes me realize how much I have to be thankful for!

1. My family---Mom, step-dad, Paul and Anson, my brothers, reconnecting with cousins on facebook, my OH family
2. My friends---people I've known for years, people I've just met like our metal detecting friends
3. My new job that I'm starting on Tuesday (going back to Pfizer, and I'll be working with someone I worked with years ago)
4. My health!
5. Having a roof over my head and being able to pay my bills
6. Sounds silly, but being a frugal shopper!  I'm thankful that I can stretch my dollars and still meet my needs, like replacing all my clothing since my surgery last year.

I'm sure there's lots of other stuff, but these are the first things that come to mind.

Happy Thanksgiving, my friends!!!
Julia              
Maura M.
on 11/24/10 11:11 am - Yardley, PA
Happy Thanksgiving Liz & crew!

I am thankful for:
- my wonderful husband, who has changed my life - all for the better
- the life that I am now living and more importantly enjoying
- the almost constant smile that has emerged on my face since surgery
- the confidence and self worth that I can see being built on a daily basis
- the friends that I have gained as part of this experience - our bond transcends age, background, ethnicity and interests.
- my family - this wacky bunch is mine and I look forward to seeing them tomorrow.
- that the economy has not impacted my business to date and I have had continuous contracts

xoxo,

Maura

Maura

enasangels
on 11/24/10 6:17 pm - PA
I am thankful for family,especially my grandchildren.  I am most thankful for what I no longer have, diabetes,HBP,sleep apnea, the list goes on, for my successful surgery, the surgeon who changed my life (twice), and the people on this forum, who are as much of the reason for where I am today, as I am.  The roof over my head and food on the table, and that I have the ability to help others a little, who do not have these basic things.
Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!

"Journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."

Patricia R.
on 11/24/10 6:53 pm - Perry, MI

Good Morning Liz,
I have a ton of things to be thankful for.

1. God's awesome love.
2. God's never ending grace and forgiveness.
3. My health.
4. My sobriety and my surgery.
5. My children.
6. My grandchildren.
7. My family.
8. My sponsor and other AA and recovering friends.
9. My medical insurance.
10. My therapist.
11. My church.
12. God's Word.
13. God's provision.
14. My Spiritual Gifts.
15. The talents that God has given me.
16. The ability to minister to the homeless.
17. My crazy, hyper dog.,
18. My cozy apartment.
19. Heat and food.
20. The opportunity to see two of my children today.
21. The opportunity to visit my grandchildren and my daughter on Saturday for a week.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2678 views